Iqaluit Dental Clinic Shares How Dental Implants Can Give You Back Your Smile
According to Iqaluit Dental Clinic, dental implants are usually used for both cosmetic and restorative surgery. If your tooth is broken, chipped, or severely discoloured and affects your self-esteem, dental implants can bring back your smile and give you the confidence you’ve been lacking. Let’s check out how dental implants can give you back your smile.
- They look natural – Dental implants look so natural that even your partner wouldn’t be able to tell the difference unless you specifically point it out. They look as natural as the teeth you were born with. Your dentist takes a precise impression of your teeth and sends it to a lab to custom manufacture a dental impact and crown for your tooth. Even the people with the keenest eye wouldn’t be able to figure out your artificial teeth.
- Stability – Dentures can also bring back your smile. However, they are a far inferior solution compared to dental implants. While modern dentures are much better compared to those used by your grandpa, they are still low-tech solutions that wobble around and come with many problems.
On the other hand, dental implants are the result of cutting-edge tech in modern dentistry. They are made from ceramic, titanium or zirconia and bond incredibly well to your jawbone. They are highly stable, and comfortable and feel like a natural part of the rest of your teeth. You don’t have to worry about embarrassing shifts or slipping when you show your gorgeous smile.
- They don’t affect other teeth – As mentioned above, dental implants are made after taking an impression of your teeth. The precision is of a very high degree so that the new implant can fit into your jawbone without affecting any natural tooth beside it. Moreover, as your dental implant is covered with a crown, dentists can take their time to align it perfectly with the rest of your teeth for the most natural-looking smile.
- They protect your jawbone – Unlike dentures that exert excess weight on your jawbone and empty teeth that may stimulate that part of the jawbone to erode and fade away, dental implants are perfect for preserving your bone structure. As they are inserted into the jawbone, they stimulate your jawbone to grow around the implants and preserve your bone structure and healthy smile. Your youthful smile isn’t just restored but preserved as well.
- They have high longevity – Dental implants can be costly. Combine that with the cost of the dental crown and it would easily cost you thousands of dollars. However, it’s important to remember that dental crowns are a long-term solution that can last you up to a decade or more with proper care and maintenance. When you spread the cost over the duration of a decade, implants don’t seem like a steep expenditure anymore, especially when they do a wonderful job of restoring your smile.
Iqaluit Dental Clinic suggests that you should consider dental implants to get back your precious smile. While the cost of dental implants is quite high, they can last you for more than a decade with good oral hygiene and preserve your beautiful smile.